So today is my dad's birthday! I wanted to just write a little something about him so when Geoff and I print this out We can remember it, I can remember it.
So 26 years ago I born to an amazing set of parents! I was reading in my baby book one day and noticed something that my dad asked me as a baby and I think of it often. He must have been holding me and he ask, "What was heaven like?" Today i love to think of that because when my grandpa Maples passed away the only thing that really got me through was knowing that he would still be able to know my kids. I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and what it teaches us. How lucky we are to know that we existed before we came here to earth and also knowing that there is life after this one!
OK so back to my dad's birthday. Not sure what we will do except for the fact that dad told me he wanted me to buzz his hair. That is easy enough but I want to do something more! I have not always been close to my dad but something changed when I got married. Actually before I got married. I think our relationship changed after I graduated High School. Life was a little uncertain b/c i didn't know what I wanted to do for a living. My dad came home one day and said The girl who cut my hair today was only 18. Why don't you go to school to do hair. Well from that point on my dad has had a big influence in my life. Well way before that but that is when it really sunk in how much he cared for me and my future. So ended up going to beauty school. I finished and today I work at a salon and at a resort and I love both of my jobs!
I just wanted my Dad to know how thankful I am for him and for his love and support through out my life.
Dad you are an amazing man! Even when you are silly and don't always choose the right things to eat. But Just remember that I love you and I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father sent me to You and MOM!
Dad HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I LOVE you!
So 26 years ago I born to an amazing set of parents! I was reading in my baby book one day and noticed something that my dad asked me as a baby and I think of it often. He must have been holding me and he ask, "What was heaven like?" Today i love to think of that because when my grandpa Maples passed away the only thing that really got me through was knowing that he would still be able to know my kids. I am so thankful for the Plan of Salvation and what it teaches us. How lucky we are to know that we existed before we came here to earth and also knowing that there is life after this one!
OK so back to my dad's birthday. Not sure what we will do except for the fact that dad told me he wanted me to buzz his hair. That is easy enough but I want to do something more! I have not always been close to my dad but something changed when I got married. Actually before I got married. I think our relationship changed after I graduated High School. Life was a little uncertain b/c i didn't know what I wanted to do for a living. My dad came home one day and said The girl who cut my hair today was only 18. Why don't you go to school to do hair. Well from that point on my dad has had a big influence in my life. Well way before that but that is when it really sunk in how much he cared for me and my future. So ended up going to beauty school. I finished and today I work at a salon and at a resort and I love both of my jobs!
I just wanted my Dad to know how thankful I am for him and for his love and support through out my life.
Dad you are an amazing man! Even when you are silly and don't always choose the right things to eat. But Just remember that I love you and I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father sent me to You and MOM!
Dad HAPPY BIRTHDAY and I LOVE you!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Val!! Mind I hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment