So not last weekend but the last when Georgia played Vandy we went to Lake Oconee for the weekend. We started this three years ago, I think, with Geoff's dad, Aunt Gayle, Uncle Kip, Aunt Toni, Uncle Rowdy, Cousin Brian and Maria. This year we got Geoff's mom to go. I am so glad she did because she needed to get away and spend time with Aunt Gayle. They are really close and I just love to see her so happy when she is with her! ANYWAY... So we left early Friday morning and got to the lake around three. It was raining and Rowdy was home alone....Toni was still working. So we visited for a few minutes then Geoff and I went on an adventure to the grocery store. It was a little ways away because they live so far from the little city but it was fun got the stuff we needed and made it back safe and sound. So we were the first to arrive then everyone started trickling in. By ten that night I think everyone was there....I feel asleep early.
So we got up really early Saturday morning to go to the tailgate spot and get set up. We left at 5:30am so we could be there by 7. Well we got there at 7:03am and got our spot we like and set up. It was really cold and Geoff forgot his sweat shirt so he had to use his dad's because it was so cold. We got all set up and started tailgating. We only had breakfast because it was an early game. French toast, pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs were enjoyed by all. Dad Joe does the cooking so it is great but he also has a wonderful assistant...ME!
The game was ok. We won and that is all that really matters to me is a VICTORY!!! I love to win and I tell Geoff before every game that if we loose I will cry so please don't ask why I am crying. IT has only happened once this year thank goodness.
So all in all in was a good weekend with good food, good game and good times with the family at the LAKE.
I am so glad we get to do that each year or until they sale their home!
Geoff on the way to the lake
No comments:
Post a Comment