Monday, January 5, 2009

The Start of a New Year and Work Week

I, MinDee, have been keeping the blog up as much as possible with no help from Mr. Geoff. I guess he is just not the blogging type. He would rather sit in front of the TV and watch Scrubs and The Office instead of blogging with me. Oh well I guess this way I can post stuff about him and he probably wouldn't even know it! HA Anyway I wanted to remember the beginning of the year because we have had some things happen. Much to our dismay we experienced something I never wanted to....We had to call the police because Geoff saw a house being broken into! Scary Scary Scary, Not the way I wanted to start our year off! Much to our surprise the cops got there fast and got things under control. We don't know any of the details but I am glad that Geoff is so aware of our surroundings. Thank goodness no one was in the house so no one got hurt or scared. So now that that is out of the way, "We" got our Christmas decor down and put away. Our home is back to almost normal now. I have got to hang somethings on the wall and then I think I will be happy with the look of emptiness till next Christmas when we can get out everything again to make it sparkle with pretty Christmas lights.
Now to the work week. Geoff was not excited when I mentioned to him that we had to work a full week this week with no early days or a whole day off in the middle of the week. I know that I was a little overwhelmed with having to get back in the routine of things but much to my surprise it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I think we made it through the day with not to much drama.
After we both got home we put on our "workout" clothes and walked around the block to get our activity in for the day. I know that when I do "workout" it makes me feel a little better. Now if I could kick the habit of Brownies and Ice Cream around 8pm in the evening I think I will make the "workout" worth it!
Well I hope that we can be glad to get back to a normal schedule for a bit and get our files ready 2009. Now if I can just get our stuff ready for taxes...hopefully we will get some back!
Just a few things I have been grateful for....
1. My Family
2. My Husband for being so aware of our surroundings
3. My Testimony of the Truth of Jesus Christ and the Gospel
4. My Friends who are always there for us
5. My Mom for always being able to sew clothes for me!
Happy New Year everyone! Remember to count your blessings and if it helps... Name them One by One!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

That is scary!! I am glad it was not your house. I am officially declaring January as depression month, because all the decorations have to be taken down and we get back to work and the routine of it all. It is so much worse in Utah where it is cold. At least we get the 70 degrees days to bring some hope for the summer. Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings!