So this years Thanksgiving was AWESOME! The best part was having my grandma Maples here at the beach with us. Thanksgiving started out with our traditional Turkey Bowl that Geoff plays in. Jessica, Emilee and my self go and watch. We also enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts while watching the men play football. After the game we came home and got ready for the day. I went to mom's and helped get stuff ready. It was the traditional meal. Turkey, potatoes both sweet and mashed with turkey gravy, rolls, corn, dressing and the fixings. We also had chocolate pie, pumpkin pie and pecan pie along with better than 'anything' cake. It was yumm-o!
After dinner we took naps and Jessica gave me a massage. It was awesome! We also went and saw a movie, Four Christmas's with Reese and Vince in it! It was really funny but would not suggest taking children with you. It will ruin Christmas for them!!
All in all thanks giving was awesome.
Some things I am thankful for this time of year is a lot...
1. My Husband, He is so sweet and helpful. He puts up with me and all my mood swings.
2. My Grandparents, ALL of them. This year was awesome to share thanksgiving and THREE weeks with G-ma Maples. What a wonderful woman she is. She is so strong and sweet. She is an example to me. I hope that I have her energy and spunk when I am a grandma. I am also thankful for my grandparents because with out them I would not have my AMAZING parents.
3. My parents, Mom and Dad thank you for teaching me to love many things. Life, the gospel, my family and all the things I have. My parents are such hard workers and providers for our family. They are always trying so hard to do so many things.
4. My sisters and brother. Jessica thank you for being you. I am so proud of you going to school and doing well in your classes. Stay strong in the church and stay close to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. They will never leave you or lead you astray. Emilee, Keep up the good work. You are such an example to people you come in contact with. Doing Basketball, attending seminary and all your church meetings, keeping up the good grades. Again, stay close to the Lord. I am so proud of you too. Blake, well Blake what do we say, You are just to smart for your own good. Keep doing well in school and just make it through these tough years of middle school and your first year of high school and things should get better. You have such a sweet spirit. Just remember who you are and that you are special. Stay close to the church and the Lord. Look up to Dad and Geoff and follow their examples of being good priesthood holders. I love you Blake! And I love Jessica and Emilee.
5. All of our Friends! Tiff and Vic, thank you for always being there for us. Your family is such a good example. Having FHE and inviting us, having us over all the time and letting us be apart of your awesome family! Thank you so much for letting us be apart of the kids lives! We love you guys! Mary Ellen and Kyle, thank you for being our cruise buddy's this year. I cant believe it has been a year since we did our Christmas together last year. I am so excited for this year and for many more cruises together. We love coming to Charleston to visit and hang out.
6. Our extended family. Thank you for you love and examples you are from a distance. Our families don't get to see each other much but thanks to blogs we are able to keep up better. Keep the faith and We love you!
7. Last but not least Our Georgia Bulldogs! It has been a crazy season but we are thankful that we are able to attend some games.
Thanks this year means a lot because of the trials we have been through. It is the little things that are pulling on my heart strings this year and I just want to be able to remember the things near and dear to my heart!
Happy Holidays and I will try to post more often.
3 comments:
Missed you guys this year. I better than ANYTHING cake on Sunday Yummy
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! I had to tell you Mindee that I saw crazy walking lady. We were driving down Ocean Blvd in Surfside and Tyson said, "There is that lady that walks all the time." I was like, oh, that must have been who Mindee was talking about! I need to leave the batcave more often!
Hey Mindee,
We changed our blog to this address:
http://ourhappybunch.blogspot.com/
See you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment