Wanting to start a new tradition for us we decided to make and serve breakfast at our home! We were so blessed to have our parents and my siblings over at 10am. I was so nervous about getting Geoff's 3 presents wrapped before everything got started I woke up at 7:15am. I told everyone that for Christmas I just wanted to sleep in...yeah right. On the bright side I got everything done that I wanted to and was even to kick my feet up a little bit.
Everyone got there about 10:15 and Geoff was already cooking. We had sausage, bacon, fruit, biscuits, cinnamon rolls and best of all French toast! It was delicious! Geoff is such a wonderful cook. I was not smart enough to remember to take pictures but luck-a-lee Geoff's mom , em, took some so I will have to get them from her and post them.
After we all enjoyed breakfast we did a little gift giving to represent the Three wise men bringing presents to baby Jesus. Everyone loved their little gift and it made me feel so good to be able to give a little something this year. I was thinking we were not going to be able to do anything but set a side a little money for a few little gifts. I didn't tell anyone we were doing it because I didn't want anyone to think they had to give us something! The best gift this year was just being together.
Christmas eve was really awesome too. We went to Christmas eve service with Geoff's parents and sang lots of pretty songs. We then headed to my mom's for dinner. We ate and then rested. Dad gave us a little insight on what Christmas meant to him. It was awesome He told us that Christmas to him was not about the presents because he had the best presents all the time. His amazing wife and his four wonderful children and his son-in-law that was picked by me to be in our family. I am so thankful that Dad was able to share with us the true meaning of Christmas through his eyes. I am so thankful for our family and for everything we have.
This year really wasn't about the presents. I hope that in the years to come we remember we don't have to spend a lot of money to show our love. I think that this has been the best Christmas in a long time. The only thing missing was White Snow. If we could just have a white Christmas at the beach every couple of years that would be AWESOME!
Well all in all we had a really nice Christmas! Hope we can all remember the reason for the season. May we all be blessed in the new year with they things we NEED! We love all of those that touch our lives for the good. May you know that we are blessed to have such great family and friends in our life!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from us to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment