So we have not blogged in a long while. Geoff and I have had to experience some trials in our life together. As everyone knows we were expecting a sweet spirit and beautiful baby to come to us in April of 2009. Well Friday the 12Th of September changed all that for us. What a humbling experience to go in for a routine visit with our doctor and things seemed to be going well until.... until he could not find a heart beat with the hand held ultra sound device. No worries he said this is normal not to hear it with this, we will go to the big machine and get it there. Moving the the big machine I was excited to be able to see our sweet child growing or so we thought. Pulling up my shirt a little he put the gel and and moved the wand around...still no heart beat. Doc says sorry to have to do this but We are going to have to do a vaginal ultra sound again I am still not finding a heart beat. So in he goes and it was so sad...still no heart beat to hear. I asked Do you have the sound on because I still don't hear a heart beat. Doc says I am SO sorry but I cant find one. I am trying to zoom in and I still cant find anything. I had not had any signs of miscarriage but to our sadness it had happened. He said that he thought it had happened a couple of days ago. He talked to us in his office and got our number so he could set up a time for a D and C for Monday. I was so scared, upset, sad, empty and wondered what I had done for this to happen. I had been taking my Vitamins and been very careful. I just kept saying sorry to Geoff because he was so upset and sad. I have never seen my husband cry like this before. I called mom as soon as we got out and she just said, Mindee NO, no mindee. Oh Mindee I am so sorry. Mom was so sweet and loving. I know that if it wasn't for her and Geoff I would have never gotten through this trial in my life. We cried all the way home and continued to do so all weekend. Cried through the phone calls and blessing and prayers. Dad gave me a blessing and I wish Geoff would have gotten one but he decided not to. It really helped me to know and understand our Heavenly Fathers plan. He knows what is best for us even when we think we are right. So the weekend would have been rough if it had not been for our wonderful family and friends. Mary Ellen surprised me Friday night and drove from Charleston to be with me. I was not wanted to do anything and she just laid beside me for the evening and Saturday morning. I chose to watch the Georgia Game with mom because of who we played...USC Gamecocks. I knew if things didn't go well Geoff would be upset so He watched the game with his dad. Thank goodness we won! Sunday we chose not to go to church and just rest before the procedure Monday morning. I was so nervous all day long and just plain worried! Never having had any kind of surgery i was scared to death! Well Dad and Geoff gave me another blessing and how amazing it was I actually slept better than I thought I would Sunday night. Well Monday morning came and Mom and Geoff took me to the surgery center and to say the least everything went as planned. I am so thankful for the doctor we chose to work with. He was so kind and sincere through our time of sorrow and pain. The procedure took ten minutes and it was done. I was asleep thank goodness! Well recovery has been good. Monday our friends Tiff and Vic came to visit and brought me some beautiful flowers in a vase with red and black stones. I love it! They also were kind enough to bring me jello! They visited for a while and left me to rest with Geoff and sleep a little. Later another sweet couple, The Davis' brought me my favorite meal she makes...Chicken Noodle with homemade noodles! YUM-O! I loved it it was so good and filling! Thank you to all of those who have prayed for us. We know that the Lords plan is true and we are so thankful for the plan of Salvation and the blessing it brings into our lives. Thank you again to all those who have helped us!
Just a little note...When we got back from the doctor or some where Geoff found one of my worry shells on the couch. He asked me if I put it there and I said put what where. This shell on the couch. I said no but give it to me please. That was for me from Grandpa Maples..him telling me to rub my worries away because everything was going to be just fine. Grandpa and I would walk down the beach together and rub our worries away on our worry shells. Thanks grandpa for being with me and Geoff through this time. We miss you and love you! Keep taking care of our family! Thank you!
May we all remember that when times get though The Lord knows what he is doing. Keep praying and putting your shoulder to the wheel and push along.
We are again so thankful for everything everyone has done for us. We can not thank you enough! We love you!
3 comments:
We love you.We pray for you.I know Heavenly Father has a plan for you.You will be parents some day.If you need ANYTHING.Call us.
If there is one thing we know it is that we don't know anything. I am grateful for the Lord's plans too, even though it is so hard sometimes. I just have to look at Cedric to be certain of that. I know he is the spirit that we are supposed to help along in this life. There were so many twists and turns becoming parents and those twists and turns really hurt!! I am grateful for your example of faith. You will be blessed. Let us know if you need anything.
I am so sorry that happened! We will be praying for you.
Post a Comment