Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend with Family

Greatgrandpa Curry
Four Generations
The Gang
Geoff the Chef! I love you Honey!

So this past weekend we went to NC to celebrate our Great grandfathers 99Th Birthday! What a fun time. We got to see family from Utah, (Elizabeth and Remy) family from other areas of North Carolina, (Barry and Ann's family minus Tyler who is serving a mission and Laura who was playing at the beach with some friends.) (Steve and Lisa's Family minus Dallon who is also serving a mission.) Carla and Lynn's family, Leslie...her boys were with their dad in Cali. Chad, Jennifer and darling little girl Laura, Christi and her girls, Melva and her family, and Trey and Tanya and their family. Shari and Craig, Myra an Lindsey, Wilbur and Lois (Gma and Gpa Aldridge), and if I forgot anyone....sorry! So we had a good time with all. It was really neat to be able to celebrate such a special day.

What a wonderful life it is, although we have our ups and downs it is still such a blessing to be tried and tested so that we may return to live with our father in heaven again. May we all try to be a little nicer, a little kinder, a little more loving in our everyday lives! May we also all remember who we are. How wonderful it is to see our family all together and to know that if we are worthy and do what is right that we may be together for the eternities. It is so good to have these family get togethers so we may some how see a little glimpse of our eternal families.

I am so thankful for my family here on earth. I am also so thankful for Geoff, for him traveling with me to see my, our, family in NC. Thank you Geoff for always supporting me. I love you and I am so thankful for you in my life!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Dang! Again sorry we missed it. Let your mom know that we are thinking about her today.-Chelsee

pagefamily said...

Hey Mindee! It was so good to see you ALL last weekend! I love the beach girls!!! Hope to see you soon.
Love ya
Anne