Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Dad and My 3yr Anniversary

So I got home about an hour ago from sitting with my dad. Yesterday he had knee surgery on his meniscus or however you spell it. Mom took him yesterday and brought him home and kept him comfy. He is taking some strong pain pills to keep him comfy. What an amazing man he is. Today I got there about 9:15 and he was sleeping...I tried to be quiet so I didn't wake him but I had to go outside twice to bring my stuff in so when I came in the 2ND time he said, "What are you doing?" in his funny voice. So I went in and checked on him. He didn't sleep well Monday night so this morning he was trying to catch up. He slept for a little while and then all of the sudden he just woke up and said I have to go to the bathroom. So he made it there then he started working...checking his voicemail and returning calls and putting fires under some of his people so they would get the work done. There is no way that if it were me I would even give a crap about work...that is just me though. He worked for a good two hours if not three. I then made him a pizza and made sure he took his pills and did what he supposed to do. He moaned a little bit about not having anything on TV to watch so he took another nap...good for him! So after he woke up he made more work calls and then we watched a movie together! Me, Dad and Blake enjoyed a nice flick called "Shooter" with Mark Walberg in it! I just love that movie for some reason! So after the movie was over mom got home shortly and then I had to leave....
Today is our 3yr anniversary! Three years ago I married the man of my dreams! What a blessing he is to me! He is always supportive and loving! Thank you honey for letting me be me and not getting upset! I am a little moody at times and he still loves me! I am so thankful for "God blessing the broken roads" to get us together. We danced to God Bless the broken road for our reception! Anyway thank you Geoff for being so amazing..... amazing b/c while I am doing this he is getting dinner ready for us! My fav steak and baked potatoes!!! YUM
One last thing... I just want my dad to know how thankful I am for him. He is such a good example to me. I am so thankful that our relationship is so close. He is always there for me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Dad! I love you Dad!!!!
I Love you too Geoff for being my Husband!!

2 comments:

Chelsee said...

Happy anniversary! Three thats great! I didn't know Val was having surgery. I hope he is feeling ok. Hows your mom doing?

Carmen Eggers said...

I can't believe it has already been three years! It seems like just yesterday we were there visiting for the wedding. Congrats on your anniversary! We love you guys- The Eggers