So today means a lot to me. Not because it was a day off for Geoff and I but because we have family that has served our country!
So First I just want to thank all the the Men and Women serving today for our country. I am so thankful for them because I am not brave enough to leave my family and fight in a war. Today I have been thinking a lot about Men in my life that make me thankful for this day. I am going to start with the one that I am closest to which if my Grandfather Ernie. He left home at a young age to serve in the Korean War. He did not do fighting he was an assistant to a Chaplin, I think that is right. But First he served a mission for his church at the age of 19. Then he came home and met my grandmother and then soon left for the war. I am not quite sure how the history goes but I just wanted him to be remembered today. He was an amazing man! He always took care of his family and served to the fullest in his church callings. He loved life and enjoyed telling me his life stories. When I was younger we would go ride bikes together, bowling, and the thing I remember the most is Walking on the beach with my grandpa and rubbing our worries away on our worry rocks! He taught me that if you picked up one of the smooth stones on the beach and rub it while you walked you could rub your worries away! We would just walk and talk. Then on our way home we would stop at the gas station and get a "Big Gulp" grandpa would get a Pepsi for us to share. Pepsi was his fav. But today I remembered him as I was at the beach with my husband, family, and friends. So today I dedicated to my loving Grandfather! Thanks Papa for your sweet spirit and strong testimony! I will never forget the good times that we had here in Myrtle Beach! XOXO
OK the second person who I want to remember today is Geoff's Dad Joe! He served in Desert Storm. He was/is a Col. in the United States Air Force. An amazing man. The coolest thing ever though is that is plane is on the "old" Air Force Base in MB!! It is named the Dawg Hawg of course. But Geoff has a wonderful Dad. He is loving and Kind and always willing to help. He has become someone that I can look up to and I am so thankful for him in my life. Thank You Joe/Dad for serving our country.
And last of all Is another guy named Joe who is serving NOW in Kuwait. He has an amazing wife who supports him 100%! She is enduring a lot being a mom and supporting a man in the uniform. Thank you Joe for fighting for our freedoms and safety.
God Bless and the Men and Women serving on this Memorial Day 2008!

1 comment:
Thanks for your comments about Papa! When we went to see his grave yesterday I couldn't help but miss you guys. I wanted for you to be there with all of us. Memorial Day means so much more to me now! We can't wait to be able to see him again.
Post a Comment