Thursday, April 24, 2008

Third Day of the Cruise












So on the Third day of the cruise we were to get to key west early so we decided to have room service again. Worked out well, breakfast in bed, then we got ready for our bike tour with Kyle as the guide. He had researched key west and the things they wanted to see. Geoff and I were excited about them showing us around. It was really cool.


We met the lady, Maria, who we had reserved bikes with by the two big people with suitcases! They were LARGE!! She met us there at 8 so we could have enough time to see the island and do the shop stuff. Some of the places we visited was: a concrete pier thing that was really cool, the Southernmost Point of the USA, we then rode around the out skirts of Key West passing some beach accesses and random hotels. We stopped a few times, kyle and Ellen went out on the beach while Geoff and I waited with the bikes. (I was being a baby b/c by butt was hurting already so I just didn't want to be happy right then...I need to grow up!) We then stopped at a sea wall thing where Geoff was a daredevil and walked a little ways on it. Not far but I am not that balanced to do what he did! JK! After we past the airport of key west we continued on to a small bridge. We rode more and came to a bigger bridge that almost kicked my butt! I did not know if I could make it up but I DID IT!! GO me! After the bridge we parked the bikes at the post office of key west and walked a little ways. We walked to mile marker "0" where we had a photo op. After that we saw some roosters and neat houses. Kyle and Ellen wanted to go up a lighthouse that was there, we didn't go b/c i am an El cheapo and I didn't want to pay to climb stairs. But by the pics they took it was pretty cool! After they did that I wanted to take the bikes back and start heading back to the ship so that is when we went our own ways! Geoff and I got back to the bikes and took them back to the place we rented them from and walked back down Duval Street and visited some shops and took some pics of the restaurants. Jimmy Buffet's Margarita ville and Sloppy Joes. We did not eat any where b/c we payed for the food on the ship.


We made it back to the ship and went and got some chairs on the deck so we could watch for Ellen and Kyle to get back to the port and then watch us leave. It was really neat to see the men take the HUGE ropes off the pilings and see us move away. We layed out a little while and then took some pics.


After the boat was away from the dock we went back to the room to get showers and take a little nap before dinner and the show. Dinner was good as always and the show was really funny! The guy who did the comedy was Dean Gaines...he looked just like Cuba Gooding Jr. He did a great job so we bought his CD he was selling after the show.


That night they had a dessert buffet that they did and it was beautiful. They had things made out of fruit and Ice Carvings...of the ship! It was really neat..but by the time we were done so was I!


All in all day three was really fun! (Memories from MinDee)

No comments: