Hey Guys! Well Geoff has put these pictures on here from our 1st day of the cruise. It was amazing being on the ocean in a big ship!
The 1st day was a little overwhelming. We bored the ship pretty easily. We took a cooler on board and they made us pour out the ice before we could go through security. I was upset at first but then I just said to myself. We are on vaca. No need to be in a hurry. So we got through security and got checked on the boat by a really nice older gent who gave us some good info. Told us not to take on passports with us when we got to our different ports cause we would not need them. We just needed our 'Sail and Sign cards'! Easy enough. So we got on the ship and went and checked out our room. It was a lot better then I thought I would be. The room was not to small and shower was an OK size. Nothing like our bathroom at home but good enough.
So we had to go to a life jacket meeting thing. Our group was to meet in a room called the 'Astoria Lounge' we were mustard group A. So we meet there at three and after they ended the meeting thing I was totally confused. I did not learn or take anything away from that gathering.
After the meeting we met up with our BFF's Kyle and Ellen and got some lunch...maybe we got lunch before the meeting I don't really remember. But we ate with them at the buffet. It was good I got the cheeseburger and some fries. So we were all still confused and a little concerned that the whole cruise was going to be like that BUT to our wonderful surprise it was Great. Each day just got better and better!
After dinner the first night we decided to change our dinner time so we could all sit at the same table. To do this we had to change our dinner time from 5:45 to 8pm. Which was one of the best things we did. We got a fantastic server..GLEN!! and I Made of course. They made us feel right at home...at home as you could be while being waited on all week. They did a great job therefore they got a good tip the last night! Hats off to Glen and I Made! Thanks guys!
So the first day was great. More days will be coming soon! (as remembered by MinDee)
Well, let me tell you how it really happened. We were driving down the road and all of a sudden you could see the ship and everyone went crazy. It didn't take long to get on the ship so I was happy about that. Once we were on the ship, we put our stuff in the room and started to explore. We went and got something to eat and it was pretty good. Next, we watched as the ship left the port and set sail towards Key West. The best part about this was the storm that was trailing us. If any of you have seen the movie Independence Day, there is a part where the space ship is creeping up on a city through some clouds. Well, this storm looked just like it and it was awesome. Next , we all had to go to a meeting about life jackets and it was a total waste of time. It did however give us time to get a good seat for trivia. Our friend Kyle became a local celebrity that day. He was killing the competition and won a "24 carat gold plastic ship on a stick." I won't lie, I tried to win one but came up short ever time. After that it was time for Dinner. The first nights dinner was OK, but not as good as the rest of the nights. We were at a table with two people from Georgia which was cool. It was tough to hear but overall, we had fun. We didn't really do a whole lot the first night but try and figure out what was going on and how to get around the ship. When we got back to our room we did find that we had a friend in their waiting for us. It was a towel pet but the first night I had no clue what it was. So if anyone knows what that animal in the picture is, please let me know. Overall, the first day was good, but not the best day by far. (As remembered by Geoff)
2 comments:
Sounds a looks like a good time
I can send you some just tell me how many. Thanks for your love and concern. As far as paying for them it's just by donation we really don't expect any, People just feel so helpless so some say they feel thats all they can do to help so it's really up to you guys.
Post a Comment